Throughout centuries Konavle has managed to maintain a traditional country-type of living along with many chapels, cloisters, and summer houses that once hosted the Dubrovnik’s high-class lairds. This bike and hike tour will lead us through an oasis of cypress trees, vineyards and olive groves, as well as villages that still reflect the traditional culture of old Dubrovnik.
Through beautiful and lively landscapes we will meet the odors and tastes of beautiful Konavle. Wine tasting will be serverd in the vineyard of family Brajkovic. After the wine tasting, we will hike to Sapro mill. Our host Kreso will introduce us to his mill built in the 16-th century, as well as the traditional ways of olive oil production. During the entire tour you will get to know about the history of Dubrovnik, the medevial Dubrovnik Republic, Konavle and today’s life in this region. During the trip we will also be stopping at an old Franciscan monastery and at an old water mill.
What’s included on your Walk & Bike Through Fascinating Dubrovnik Countryside Tour:
– Pick up/drop off at your hotel in Dubrovnik and the surrounding area
– Wine tasting in the vineyard
– Presentation of traditional olive oil milling
– Light lunch at local and famous medieval mill (welcome drink, dry figs, meal under the bell (veal or chicken), potatos, salad, squeezed fresh natural juice, cake, water)
– High quality 24 speed hybrid TREK bike
– Multi-equipped TREK bikes of different sizes and with adjustable steering-parts and seats will be provided. We will bike only on paved and asphalt roads, lightly downhill with a view of the hills, sea and Konavle field.
To bring along:
– Comfortable trousers
– Sport shoes
The trip itinerary can change depending on the capabilities and wishes of the group, weather constraints, and similar situations. For the safety of our guests, we take the right to change the itinerary without prior notice. In case of extreme weather conditions Dubrovnik Adventures will re-schedule the activity for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the change is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full.