You’ll start biking in Cilipi village and continue on quite, easy and one of the most beautiful paved roads through vineyards, olive groves and through ancient villages. At a famous Karaman winery, we will stop and enjoy award winning prosecco for which he got a golden medal on the world championship in 2009.
A wine tasting will be served in the vineyard. After this amazing experience, we will continue biking through the cypress trees and olive groves to a 500 year old water mill where we will be introduced on a traditional way of flour milling. After a short refreshment, we continue biking to our next stop, a winery overlooking the valley, older than 450 yrs where we will sample autochthonous sorts of wines and have a light lunch in the vineyard. After an unforgettable day of riding, tasting, eating and touring, our guide will take you to your accommodation.
What’s included on your Explore Konavle Wine Country by Bike Tour:
– Pick up/drop off at your hotel in Dubrovnik and the surrounding area
– Prosecco tasting at Karaman winery
– Wine tasting in the vineyard
– Presentation of traditional flour milling
– Light lunch at local and famous medieval mill (dry figs, dalmatian prosciutto, cheese,squeezed fresh natural juice, cake, water)
– High quality 24 speed hybrid TREK bike
– Multi-equipped TREK bikes of different sizes and with adjustable steering-parts and seats will be provided. We will bike only on paved and asphalt roads, lightly downhill with a view of the hills, sea and Konavle field.
To bring along:
– Comfortable trousers
– Sport shoes
The trip itinerary can change depending on the capabilities and wishes of the group, weather constraints, and similar situations. For the safety of our guests, we take the right to change the itinerary without prior notice. In case of extreme weather conditions Dubrovnik Adventures will re-schedule the activity for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the change is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full.